Scot Johnson's Resume
Bruce Tucker Construction
Partner / Project Manager 2006 - Present
Andrews and Thornley Construction, Inc., Napa, CA 2000-2006
GDC Construction, Inc., La Jolla, CA 1999- 2000
Senior Project Manager responsible for all estimating and project management duties for high end residential contractor.
Blake Construction Co., Inc., San Diego, CA 1997-1999
Project Manager responsible for closing out $32.5 million Cox Arena at San Diego State University.
Project Manager for a $26 million Science Laboratory Building at San Diego State University.
Created and updated cost loaded CPM schedule using Primavera P3. Priced and negotiated owner change orders. Prepared monthly billings, approved and processed subcontractors billings. Processed RFI’s, submittals and shop drawings using Prolog Manager.
Dewhurst and Associates, La Jolla, CA 1994-1997
Estimator/Project Manager responsible for all phases of estimating and project management for this high-end residential design build firm. Formulated preliminary budgets, worked with staff architects during final design phase to ensure that budget constraints were met. Obtained subcontractor quotations, analyzed and wrote subcontracts. Prepared CPM schedules with Suretrack. Primary contact of the owner during construction.
Quest Construction, Inc.
Commercial General Contractor, San Diego, CA
Project Manager 1989-1994
Estimating Coordinator 1986-1989
As Project Manager, successfully completed many projects with challenging schedules and budgets. Completed retail, industrial, educational, and telecommunications projects, all while managing multiple projects. Responsibilities included: Negotiating and writing subcontracts, preparing and updating CPM schedules using Primavera, reviewing and processing submittals and shop drawings, processing change orders, preparing monthly billings, approving subcontractor billings.
Education: B.S. Finance-San Diego State University
Below is a partial list of projects that Scot Johnson has completed in the Napa Valley while employed at Andrews and Thornley Construction, Inc.
- Carneros Creek Winery Administration and Visitor Center $1.4 Million - A 6,000 sqft. three story wood framed structure consisting of a tasting room, kitchen and restroom over barrel storage and a wine library with administration offices on the third floor.
- Napa Valley Marriott Wellness Center $1.5 million - A 8,100 sqft. spa facility at the Napa Valley Marriott. The project includes spa treatment rooms, wet treatment rooms, two in ground custom spas, locker rooms, saunas, a weight room, and a retail center.
- Sears Point Grandstands $2.4 million – 16 luxury sky boxes atop the main grandstands and NASCAR scoring level above the skyboxes. Stand alone CMU building under the grandstands that include four restroom buildings with over 150 stalls, three concession stands, the fan care medical facility, a souvenir building, and a catering center. This project was completed in four months under an accelerated schedule to meet the owner’s opening date for the NASCAR event at the race way.
- The Carneros Inn $20 million – This 26 acre project consists of a sewer and water treatment facility, two restaurants, 96 guest cottages, a model home, and a 12,000 sqft. Restaurant, spa and reception center.
- Hospice of Napa Valley $4.5 million – An 18,000 sqft. single story wood framed building on 2.4 acres. The building includes two kitchens, a physical therapy center, nurse facilities, offices and counseling centers.
- Yount Mansion $200K – Partial seismic retrofit and repairs to the Historical Yount Mansion.
- Goodman Library Seismic Retrofit $2.3 million - Seismic retrofit to the historical Goodman Library Building. Project consisted of a seismic retrofit including concrete footings, gunite shear walls, structural steel frames. This included the addition of fire sprinklers to the building and the replacement of many of the interior finishes.
- Harvest Inn Addition $3.9 million - The addition of 20 new high end guest rooms and a conference center to the existing and operating hotel. The project consists of three new two story wood framed guest room buildings, and a single story community building.
- @ Indian Springs $2.1 million – Complete renovation of twenty guest rooms and a new terrace room. Each of the ten first floor guest rooms has a private terrace. The project included two new fountains, landscaping and site work.